Pre-Nuptial Agreements Calgary
Do You Need a Pre-Nuptial Agreement?
Everyone’s situation is unique. You may need a prenuptial agreement, if any of the following factors apply to you:
- Do you have a significant amount of assets that you have accumulated?
- Do you have an established business that you have built and would like to preserve in the event of a separation?
- Do you expect to receive or have you received a substantial gift or inheritance from a family member?
- Are you involved with a family business or a family farm?
- Is this a second marriage? Do you have obligations arising from children or a spouse from a previous marriage?
- Do you and your intended spouse have different levels of risk tolerances when it comes to managing and investing your finances?
Couples often fear that addressing these questions and the issue of whether or not they want a Prenuptial Agreement will be a death knell for their romance. The idea of discussing the subject with your intended spouse may create fear and apprehension. However in reality, exploring this question can lay the groundwork for having an open and honest discussion about how you think your finances should be managed during marriage and how you would want your property and finances to be divided in the event of your separation or divorce.
As a trained Collaborative Family Law lawyer, Beryl McNeill has extensive experience in facilitating an open and honest discussion with respect to these issues, and will help you create a Prenuptial Agreement that is tailor made for your situation.
What We Do:
Book a Consultation
Call 587-956-9300 or fill out the form below to book a consultation.